Monday, July 20, 2009

I ❤ Faces: Week 28: Feet (!)

Oh my! I can't believe it is already week 28 at I ❤ Faces! Craziness, i tell ya...but I also cannot believe that "Baby" C will be 1-year old in less than 3 weeks (sniff sniff, bring me a tissue or ten!)

So, I was a little sad to realize tonight that I left my purse at church this afternoon...and it had my camera in it...with pictures still on it for this week's theme. {Clearly I have also lost my mind as I didn't realize I left my purse there until 8 hours later.} Yeesh.

Regardless, that left me with my iPhoto library. I spent a good hour looking through photos from multiple years ago. Finally, i hit upon my "5 year anniversary" photo album and found a few good shots where you could actually see feet shoes (i hope shoes count! Down in the dirty south you have to be careful going barefoot--ringworm is rampant!).

This picture is a very cropped version of a photo of J traversing a bridge on our way down to Tallulah Gorge. Six days after this picture, Baby C was born. Ahh, those were the days. J and I had a SPECTACULAR time enjoying our last few days as a family of two and are so grateful to have the memories we made (and pictures we took) on our Babymoon/Anniversary trip.

Anyway, feet...here is my entry. PLEASE consider clicking on it so you can see it in a larger format--it looks MUCH better that way!



As always, head on over to I ❤ Faces for more fabulous feet photos (that was a weird sentence to write--feet photos? hmmm. I can't help but think Tanner P would be happy...)


34 people think...:

Taylor said...

Love that it is panorama! Great shot.

Emily said...

It's cropped perfectly...and I love the angle of the shot.

Lisa Webb said...

love the panoramic shot! very cool!

kimber said...

That is a very, very cool shot...all those leading lines. I love it!

A Psych Mommy said...

What a cool shot! I'm sure you had a fun time strolling down memory lane finding the pic for this week--so maybe leaving your camera behind was a good thing :)

Alice said...

great color, fun shot! crisp and just a touch of blur on the edges - fun!

my foot shot is posted now too, so feel free to come on over and visit a spell :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I love the crop and all the lines. Great shot! Glad you found a photo to use:-)

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

My Two Seasons said...

Great picture! I love the angles and lines leading right to you. Perfect!

Foursons said...

I did click on it and you're right! The texture and color is stunning!

Melissa said...

What an interesting shot!

Chelsey said...

Thanks for introducing me to I ❤ Faces. I've been so inspired by the site and just entered my first photo!

This picture is great and I especially love the back story.
(PS: Happy Birthday Baby C!)

Life with Kaishon said...

Look at those cool running feet! I think that definitely counts! I hope you can get your purse today! It's good you left it at church. Hopefully anyone would feel guilty stealing at church.

I will cry about the baby turning with you. These precious moments of childhood slip so quickly away!

tiff said...

Great photo. Love the perspective.

4 Lettre Words said...

Love it! Great choice.

Lori said...

Great shot and I think the crop makes it perfect.

Pam D said...

Definitely love the lines and the crop.. AND the story behind the picture!

SKELLER said...

leading lines pictures are always cool. I like how this bridge frames the feet :-)

The Animator's Wife said...

Awesome lines leading to feet and I love how the bridge frames and crops them. Some very creative thinking!

And do you have to live without your camera until next Sunday???

Mandi said...

I love the lines leading to the fee!

jen@odbt said...

Great perspective and love the memory behind it.

Patty said...

Love the perspective on that shot!

Rosina said...

You're right. I opened bigger, and it's so much more clear to see. I love the softness you've created in this shot!

Tiffany Walensky said...

lovely colors and crop!

Kathy said...

great shot! Love the cropping of it.

julie said...

I really like the colors and the lines in this shot. Very nice!

Becca said...

This is such a cool shot - I love the crop :-)

ps - less than a month until she's one!? yikes! I just realized that means Jayci is almost one too! it simply cannot be true . . .

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

what a great bridge! love the name of your blog!

Brooke said...

Great shot! Looks like a photo I'd see in one of my running magazines.

~ shi ~ said...

Hello :)

I love the color and where you took this shot...

Billykidd said...

great lines and composition. very cool shot!

Leah said...

Wonderful memory!

Josh, Steph, The Boys and Maddie said...

Great idea to do a bridge shot! Love it!

Christie O. said...

Yes, great shot!

DawnS said...

I love it - very unexpected for a foot photo!